I have arrived in Thailand after a very VERY long journey. Here's the breakdown:
Before my departure, due to the chaos currently in Bangkok, I spent all night before leaving on the Phone. Exhausted, and worried, I finally made a break though-they luckily changed my ticket from flying into Bangkok, to fly into Phuket. This is favorable anyway because it will save be money and travel time to get to Krabi/Ton Sai beach. It's apparently a very long bus ride from Bangkok (12 hrs), but only 3.5 hours from Phuket. Kyra and her family were very worried about everything, and she refunded her ticket. I am alone on this trip. Not a huge deal since I was going to come regardless, but she is missed. Before I left we spoke about her trying to come at a later date, or even to meet me in another country. It remains to be seen, but I wish her luck in making arrangements.
So I arrived in San Fran and Paul, a friend of a friend that I had never met picked me up from the airport and proceeded to show me a great time on the town. Sushi, Sake, Bars, and a great place to sleep since I had a 12 hour lay over. Admist all the fun, we slept I think maybe 2 hours before I had to be at the airport. He was wonderful-Thank you Paul!!! He even packed me a little snack bag for my trip-so sweet!
Next I was off to South Korea, it was a 12 hour flight, and a 18 hour time change....INTENSE!!! But because of the lack of sleep the few days before, I was able to gather a few hours, and watch 3 movies, read the Korean newspaper, and play a ton of sukuko. :)
Then I got into Seoul, and had 2 hours between flights, boarded my plane, and met the guys sitting next to me. They were staying in Phuket for a week, and said they have been there many times before. The three of them live in Seoul, and were hilarious. A Dentist, a Lawyer, and a Trades specialist. So funny...we had a blast on the flight, and once in Phuket we got a cab together so the hotel they were staying at.
Along the way we ran out of gas...our driver eventually got us to a gas station an hour later. It was pretty scary considering it was on a highway at 2am in the middle of no where. We made it fine, and we decided to take a load off when we got to Phuket Town. We went out to play at the bars last night, and now it is 7:30am Nov 29th, and we just got back to the hotel, still with very little sleep since Nov 25th.
My plan is to relax for part of today, and then make my way to the climbing area of Krabi where Ton Sai is located. I'm so excited to get on the rock...and my birthday is coming up pretty quickly!
This trip is turning out to be alot more play than was anticipated thus far. I just want to get a massage, relax on a beach and climb some amazing limestone. hahahaha
Oh the fun to be had in Asia. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Climb a trad route or two for me...it'll a be a few months before I see non-volcanic or Antarctic rock!
ReplyDelete