I am staying at a place called Andaman Nature Resort. Its a thatch and bamboo bungalo, and by nature, they mean all sorts of critters will be coming up into your presence while staying there. In my room so far I have had rats, frogs, a dog, and so many bugs I don't even want to reflect on it. The dog is a stray, I coerced him to stay in my room one night to ward off the rats. It worked...no more rats. And now and then the pup will come visit! :)
Anyway, that was a tangent. Back to the story...So I arrived on the beach late in the evening and I was pretty exhausted from all the traveling and the excitement of being here. The next day was my birthday-25-woohoo! That morning, I only climbed 1 climb just to get my hands on the rock, then I relaxed the rest of the day.
For all of you that know me so well, it wasn't long before I had a pretty tight crew here. There became 8 of us. There was me, 2 brits, 2 Croatians, 1 German, and 2 Norweigens. (Pardon the spelling, I'm sure all of you are reading this!!) We climbed together, would meet for meals, have rest days, and lets not forget the evenings at the bar Kasbah to recap the day over some drinks and slackline, and fireshows! We even went sailing on a proper Indonesian sailboat!!!
Basically, in gerneral we all just had a wonderful time for about 3 weeks. After that time, people had to start moving on to other locations, or off back home. Sadly, I am the last of that crew.
More to come....running out of time online right now....
No comments:
Post a Comment