Wednesday, November 26, 2008

As I approach my departure to SE Asia...


Upon waking this morning, I felt a huge wave of panic wash over me as I realized, 'today is my last full day' before I leave on my journey abroad.


While the anticipation of climbing in SE Asia is awe inspiring, I can’t seem to quell my nerves about leaving my beloved Lucky behind for so long. My roommate will adequately care for him, of this I am certain, but the thoughts of missing him, and more importantly, him missing me so badly, are upsetting none the less. Poor little guy!

I spent the better half of the day preparing for my trip, spending time with friends, running errands, last minute stops, and making phone calls to say good-bye.

Later in the evening, I received some information regarding bombing and rioting at the Bangkok airport over political issues. I’m uncertain of what time will change, but as of now the airport is closed. I have no idea what will happen, or where I will have to fly into now because it seems all other Thai airports are booked 5 days out. How frustrating.
I guess we all just will have to stay tuned to see what happens....









1 comment:

  1. Hey KiddoBeans! You are AWESOMER!!! Continue to post. There are many following, "The Further Adventures Of Heather The Climbing Squrirrel". Good luck stay safe.. and oh your dad said you might consider giving him a phone call now and then! lol Spread the love.

    ReplyDelete