Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SE Asia



Soon I will embark on a 3 month (maybe longer?) journey to SE Asia to rock climb. My friend Kyra will be coming with me for the first 2 months. Athough she does not yet climb, she is excited to try, and is very willing to be a belay slave-thanks Ky!
There really isn't a set plan with dates involved, we do know what countries we plan on traveling too (Sorry for the ambiguity guys!).

This is the break down of whats going though our heads, although we do reserve the right to mix it up a bit, so don't panic if we do!

Once we arrive in Bangkok, we will move south to Krabi, the region where the best climbing in Thailand is located. This area is a world class location, and the best season to climb there is the winter. During this time, thousands of climbers from all over the world travel there to get a taste of the beautiful limestone cliffs along magnificent white sand beaches. We will stay at Ton Sai climbing for a pretty good amount of time. Here are a couple of photos from Ton Sai Beach, in Thailand. This is where we will be....you can think of me when you are getting snowed on this year in the states!




Then we will head back north to Bangkok visit the temples, take some yoga classes, visit the markets and so on. We are going to go to Cambodia and see Angkor Wat. Also on the list is northern Thailand-Chaing Mai, we will check out the climbing near there, and make our way to Laos to climb in Vang Vieng.





Deep water soloing (DWS) in Halong Bay, Vietnam is a place I plan on spending a lot of time. This photo to the right is of the bay. There are so many exposed limestone cliffs dotting the waters. I am so excited! The rock looks so good, and the water is beautiful there.

Then from there I/we will head to Yangshuo, China to check out the limestone there, I hear it is amazing. This last photo is from there. It is surreal looking.


The quantity of time I will be spending at each location is yet to be determined, as I have no plans, and will just see were the wind blows me.
Stay tuned....
Life is short, embrace your passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment